Tourism in Alsace and how to get here
Location of the La Fischhutte Hotel-Restaurant in Mollkirch
The La Fischhutte Hotel-Restaurant welcomes you to Mollkirch, a charming Alsatian village in France's Bas-Rhin department near Obernai and only half an hour away from Strasbourg. At the heart of the Vosges forest and the Magel Valley, our establishment invites you to discover its untouched natural surroundings boasting a river, mountains, vineyards and châteaux.
Take advantage of your stay at the La Fischhutte Hotel to explore the local area on foot, by bike or by car: a whole host of tourist and leisure activities await you. Walks in the Vosges mountains, skiing at the Champ du Feu mountain resort, wine tasting in the Alsatian vineyards, visits of the surrounding villages, towns and cities and more. Whether you come in summer or winter, this region offers visitors a myriad of treasures to discover.
How to get here
From Strasbourg: take the A35 motorway heading towards Colmar and join the A352 motorway. Continue along the D1420 and, at the roundabout, take the D704 heading towards Mollkirch. Turn right into Rue de l’Eglise/D704 heading towards Grendelbruch.
Latitude: 48.489575; Longitude: 7.366744
- Heiligenberg-Mollkirch railway station, 5 km away
- Rosheim railway station, 9 km away
- Strasbourg TGV railway station, 40 km away
Strasbourg Airport, 35 km away: www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr
Main nearby towns and cities
Distances between Mollkirch and:
1 hr 14 min.
1 hr 40 min.
During your stay, we suggest:
- Hiking and mountain biking: make your way along the paths that lead through the forest, the Vosges mountains and the Alsatian vineyards. We offer guests mountain-bike rental, and the opportunity to book hikes or mountain biking outings accompanied by an instructor. In particular, discover the ruins of the Château de Guirbaden, the largest medieval château in Alsace, located just a few minutes from the La Fischhutte Hotel via the "Sentier des Demoiselles de Pierres" footpath, which begins just opposite our establishment. We have IGN (National Institute of Geographic and Forestry Information) hiking maps at guests' disposal. We can also organise guided outings.
- Trout fishing in our pond.
- Mushroom and flower picking: with wood mushrooms, wild flowers and berries, the forest is home to a host of treasures.
- Winter sports: Champ du Feu is the only ski resort in the Bas-Rhin department. At around twenty minutes from Mollkirch, you can enjoy cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, snowshoeing and more. We also offer "nature" outings accompanied by an instructor/guide: Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, skating, and snowshoeing.
Tourism and History:
- Rosheim and Roman art: on the Alsatian Wine Route, this quintessential little town boasts a rich historical past. In particular, discover the Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul church and the Maison Romane.
- Bœrsch: discover its "Renaissance" town hall dating back to the 16th century, as well as its fortifications. Also well worth a visit is the Marqueterie D'Art Spindler exhibition and workshop.
- Mont Sainte-Odile
- Strasbourg: its cathedral, museums, the "La Petite France" district, its European institutions and more.
- Klingenthal: the Manufacture Royale d'Armes Blanches bladed weapon museum
- Schirmeck: the Alsace-Lorraine Memorial
- The Struthof concentration camp and the Centre Européen du Résistant Déporté in Natzwiller